CEDAR HILL CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH – WYCKOFF, NJ
Cedar Hill Church
Three Visbeen generations have worked on this church. Our grandfather, the first generation, built the original Cedar Hill Church in 1949. Our dad and uncle built the new sanctuary in 1966. We went back as the third generation in 1993 to renovate the sanctuary and build the addition and renovation on the connecting link.
What made our 1993 renovation special was that we took the sanctuary and actually turned it 90 degrees—taking out three wood trusses and putting in an enormous 52-inch steel beam, which allowed us to spin the sanctuary. We moved the pipe organ as well, with the help of the Peragallo Pipe Organ Company of Paterson, NJ, who oversaw the refurbishment and care of the famous Kilgen Organs at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City in the 1990s and just recently again for the pope’s visit in 2015.